Saturday’s NLP Practice group was particularly vibrant and creative. Whilst we usually cover three or four specific NLP topics, on Saturday we covered five (albeit a couple were brief discussions), as well as covering in a coaching circle two challenges that attendees faced, the Heroes Journey and doing a GROW-model based coaching exercises which also addressed questioning techniques. All of this in just four hours!
- Using Meta Programmes in teams and when facilitating groups.
- Perceptual Positions, in three contexts apart from the traditional one of seeing other perspectives whilst coaching an individual.
– Using PPs to change limiting beliefs,
– Using PPs to address negative emotions when Time Line techniques are not appropriate,
– Using PPs, in conjunction with the Disney Model, for groups/teams to help them see the perspective of clients and to generate creative ideas for problems solving.
- Milton Model: A brief discussion about how to become even more adept at using these language patterns in everyday situations, not just when hypnotising people.
- Anchoring: A brief discussion about how to use anchoring with groups and teams.
- Coaching circle. One person wanted to seek the group’s wisdom regarding becoming an even more effective guest teacher with some ‘interesting’ students. Another wanted some ideas about dealing with a very challenging executive at work.
- There was a 25 minute coaching session using the GROW model as a structure. As part of the exercise, before asking the question the coach told the observer the question and the purpose of the question, and the observer could suggest alternatives up to three times during the session. This ‘made’ the coach consider the question, and helped focus their attention on asking the most useful question.
- We briefly looked at the Heroes Journey (Joseph Campbell and Carol Pearson). Delegates could see how these principles were present in their life, and how they could use the overall ideas when coaching their clients through a challenging period.
All in all, a very full and interesting session – I certainly had to be on my toes to keep up with these guys!
The next NLP Practice Groups are on Saturday 11 July and 17 October 2015 from 9.30 am to 1.30 pm. Open to all NLP Practitioners and above. £25 in advance, £30