ILM Level 7 Certificate for Executive and Senior Level Coaches and Mentors*
A professional qualification, delivered by a professional, for:
- Executive coaches (gain even more credibility to coach)
- New executive coaches (learn how to coach leaders brilliantly)
- Senior managers (looking to gain promotion and secure your career prospects)
- Leaders (looking to improve business results by at least 15%)
*Or choose our ILM Recognised and / or Institute of Leadership & Management
Accredited Executive Coaching Skills course and upgrade later
Overview of ILM Level 7 Certificate for Executive and Senior Level Coaches and Mentors/ILM Recognised Executive Coaching Skills / Institute of Leadership & Management Accredited Executive Coaching Skills
Our ILM Level 7 Certificate for Executive and Senior Level Coaches and Mentors, which incorporates an NLP Diploma training course, is designed for executive coaches and senior business managers who want to develop their expertise and credibility as a coach or mentor, or to create a coaching culture at work.
If you would like these executive coaching skills but are not yet ready (or do not want) to do the full ILM qualification, you can do just the 7-day classroom training, or if you would like a certificate, you can do one or both of the ILM Recognised Executive Coaching Skills or the Institute of Leadership & Management Accredited Executive Coaching Skills (explained in the FAQs below).
You can upgrade to the full qualification if and when you’re ready. Because we’re an ILM Approved centre and Institute of Leadership & Management Approved, you can feel reassured that whichever option you choose you will be receiving high quality training; whichever option you choose includes an NLP Diploma training course.
As The Lazarus Consultancy is an organizational member of the Association for Coaching (AC), attending this course entitles you to a one-year student membership to the AC at no cost.
Why do this course?
What you will learn?
The course is specifically designed for you to learn executive coaching skills, and to gain the ILM Level 7 Certificate.
Please note that we may slightly amend the content depending on specific timings.
Frequently asked questions
There are three main parts of the ILM Level 7 Certificate syllabus.
- Classroom training. This is the 7 days described above.
- Coaching/mentoring practicexq. ILM require 20 hours with 2-3 clients for ILM Level 7 Certificate, and 60 hours with 6-9 clients for ILM Level 7 Diploma. We will give you tips about this, including how best to keep records. Usually we ask you to start your hours after the face to face training has ended, so that you are able to use all the skills learned on the course. We will give you four hours of coach supervision by phone for the Certificate or eight hours coach supervision by phone for the Diploma.
- Written assignments. ILM require three written papers. In summary, the first paper is about the theory of coaching and mentoring, the second is about the coaching / mentoring practice (20 hours for the Certificate, 60 hours for The Diploma), and the third is about your reflections on what you learned. The guideline word-count is roughly 11,000 to 15,000 in all. The ILM registration period lasts 3 years, and we recommend that you complete the ILM Level 7 Certificate within 6-9 months (the Diploma takes slightly longer as there are more coaching hours). Included in the price is 12 months’ support from us for the Certificate (18 months for the Diploma); if you have not successfully completed the qualification within this timeframe, you will need to apply to us for additional support, for which there will be a charge of a minimum of £500. ILM provides three documents to help you write each paper, and we will explain this during the course.
This is based on the UK Government’s National Qualification Framework. As mentioned in this ILM document, Level 5 roughly equates to the level of the first year or two of a Batchelors Degree, and Level 7 roughly equates to Masters’ Degree level.
For each topic, you will learn the necessary theory and background, watch a demonstration, do an exercise and then discuss how to apply the learnings in your life and work. There will be numerous coaching exercises, and you will learn different coaching approaches to use according to different client preferences. The trainers and the coaching assistants will be there to give you feedback and support to hone your skills.