Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) regarding
- Bookings & payments
- What happens on the training courses
- Certification, Accreditation & Recognition (ANLP, AC, ILM and Institute of Leadership & Management)
- NLP and Coaching (definitions & benefits).
If you have a question that is not covered below, please contact us.
The vast majority of our courses are held on Zoom (on-line); full details will be sent to you when you book.
Any face to face courses will almost certainly be held at the Danubius Hotel, Central London near to St Johns Wood station (Jubilee underground line), Baker Street station (Bakerloo, Metropolitan, Circle and Hammersmith and City underground lines) or Marylebone station (Chiltern Railways line or Bakerloo undergroung line). The full address is:
Danubius Hotel – Regents Park, 18 Lodge Road, St Johns Wood, London NW8 7JT
Tel: 020 7722 7722
Occasionally we may use other venues.
Most of our courses run between 9.30 and 5.45 (we aim for 5.30). We ask attendees to arrive 15 minutes beforehand on the first day for registration. Some of our longer / more advanced NLP courses end around 6.30 – we will confirm the timings when you book.
We usually run our NLP Diploma, Core Coaching Skills and ILM Level 5 and 7 Certificate courses twice a year. Our NLP Practice Groups and Coach Practice Groups take place roughly every two-three months. Other courses take place from time to time.
For courses run at the Danubius Hotel, the hotel offers reduced room rates for course delegates. If you are interested in this please contact the hotel directly and mention that you are on our course. Before booking, please also check if there are special deals available at the hotel on on-line websites.
There are also a number of other hotels in the area – please search on-line.
2. Bookings and Payments
Please note that for our certificated courses, we always speak to all students around the time of booking so we can learn more about what you’re looking for from the course, which in turn helps us to help you to get the most from it.
We will send you an invoice / receipt and joining instructions, and where applicable a Training Participation Agreement (see the following question).
For all courses lasting more than one day, we will email you soon after booking a pdf of the manual(s), and, where relevant, details of any pre-course audio / visual / written preparation.
If you book on-line, we will call you after booking so we can learn more about what you’re looking for from the course so that we can help you to get the most from it.
We believe in operating from best practice in the Coach and NLP training profession. The Training Participation Agreement is essentially a document which all delegates sign to confirm that they will use the course materials to create 'win-win' outcomes, and that they are medically and psychologically fit to undertake the training. Coaching and NLP are powerful tools, and in certain situations it is important that we are aware of any mental or physical health conditions so that we can assist delegates in having the most useful experience of the course, and avoid any potential problems that could possibly arise if a delegate is not healthy enough to attend the course. It would be irresponsible of us not to ask these questions. All information is treated sensitively and in the strictest confidence by trained professionals.
Our postal address is:
The Lazarus Consultancy Ltd, Abbey House, 342 Regents Park Road, Finchley, London N3 2LJ.
Please make cheques payable to: The Lazarus Consultancy Ltd.
Yes. We take most forms of credit and debit cards as well as Paypal. For security, please phone with details or pay on-line, rather than emailing details.
If you are buying a product or booking a course, there will be a 'buy now' or 'book now' (or something similar) button on the relevant webpage. Once you have pressed the relevant buy/book button, please follow the instructions (usually, there will be an 'add to cart' button), and then go to the cart (at the top right-hand side of the screen) and proceed to the checkout when you are ready to finalise your purchase.
If you are paying a one-off amount (for example for some coaching, or an instalment for a course fee), then click on https://www.thelazarus.com/product/one-off-payment/, enter the amount and follow the instructions.
We offer flexible payment terms on our certificated courses. If you would like to pay by instalments, we usually ask for a deposit and equal monthly instalments until the end of the course. In special circumstances we are willing to be even more flexible. We take most forms of debit/credit cards.
3. On the training course
The purpose of the pre-course paper is for you to fully integrate the pre-course material (mainly the mp3s), so that you have learned the theory and are fully prepared for the course. This helps to ensure that all delegates have a sufficient level of knowledge before the course to enable you all to learn quickly in the classroom and benefit from our Fast-Track approach. The written work itself is open-book i.e. we want you to use the mp3s and manual to help you answer the questions. For the NLP Practitioner course, it is important that the written paper is fully completed before the course starts, so that you can get the most from the course rather than be distracted by having to complete it during the training.
We structure all of our courses so that you not only know what you’ve learned, but know how, when and when not to use it in the ‘real’ world. We will cover the necessary theory, which we will keep to a minimum, so that you will have several opportunities for coaching & practice exercises during the course. More specifically, each topic usually has
- an overview
- why the topic is so useful
- the relevant theory, facts, figures and steps
- where relevant, a demonstration so you can see how it works
- you do an exercise (usually in pairs), so that you can experience it (usually as ‘client’ and ‘coach’ / ‘NLPer’)
- after the exercise, a discussion about what happened during the exercise, so you can learn from other delegates’ experience, and how you will use it outside the training room
- a few minutes to reflect and make notes about how and when you will use the topic after the training.
We believe this is the best way for you to gain the skills you want to the highest standards whilst balancing the other demands on your time (it is not the simplest or most cost-effective for us!).
The modular approach means you can practice in between the modules and integrate the knowledge, without taking you away from your work and family for long stretches.
Where relevant, especially NLP Practitioner (which is also the bulk of the Institute of Leadership & Management Accredited 'Advanced Influencing & Personal Effectiveness Skills' course and the Association for Coaching's 'ACCT' and 'ADCT' courses) and NLP Master Practitioner (which is also the bulk of the Institute of Leadership & Management Accredited 'Mastering Influencing & Personal Effectiveness Skills' and the Association for Coaching's 'ADCT' and 'AADCT' courses), the pre-course study allows you to learn the relevant material in your own time before the course, so that we don’t need to explain it in much detail during the course, which allows you more time for the practical exercises. You also can refer to the material after the course where needed.
4. Certification, Accreditation & Recognition (ANLP, AC, ILM and Institute of Leadership & Management)
We pride ourselves on providing top-quality Coach and NLP training, and we will do everything we can to help you reach the standards expected (by us, ANLP, AC, the Institute of Leadership & Management and the ILM). Whilst we aim for all students to reach these standards, because our standards are so high, it is not a given. So when you have our certificate, you’ll know you’ve earned it! We explain and go through the required standards thoroughly at the start of each certificated programme.
We have specially designed our longer courses so that you will leave knowing that you can use the material effectively. We explain the required standards at the start of the course.
If you have any questions about our standards or what we are looking for, please contact us
In order to gain and retain accreditation status by the ANLP, AC, ILM and The Institute of Leadership & Management, we are required to demonstrate and maintain a high level of professionalism, ethics and training skills. Hence, by doing one of our accredited courses, you know that you are receiving a high-quality and professional training, and will have a credible accreditation / recognition that you can be proud of. We do not comment on other training courses available, although it is clear that many other courses do not offer you such a high level of accreditation and recognition.
- the ANLP International (Association for Neuro Linguistic Programming)
- the Association for Coaching (all of our certificated NLP courses are accredited by the AC for at least one of their four Accredited Coach Training course levels; depending on which AC course is booked, in addition to the relevant NLP course you're required to do a 2-day coaching course plus self-study.
- The Institute of Leadership & Management, because all of our NLP training courses and coach training courses (including 1-day introduction courses) form a major part of the Institute's related Accredited programme. For example, our 1-day NLP for Business Success course is the majority of the Institute of Leadership & Management's Accredited Communication and Personal Effectiveness Skills course.
In addition, our NLP Diploma forms four days of:
- the six days' training for the ILM Recognised Advanced Coaching Skills and Level 5 Certificate / Diploma in Effective Coaching and Mentoring,
- the six days' training for the Institute of Leadership & Management's Accredited Advanced Coaching Skills
- the seven days' training for the ILM Recognised Executive Coaching Skills and Level 7 Certificate / Diploma for Executive and Senior Levels Coaches and Mentors
- the seven days' training for the Institute of Leadership & Management's Accredited Executive Coaching Skills
- all four levels of the Association for Coaching's accredited coach training courses (AACT, ACCT, ADCT and AADCT).
Please note that the ILM is part of City & Guilds, and is a different organisation from The Institute of Leadership & Management.
Also, our NLP Practitioner and NLP Master Practitioner programmes are recognised by a UK University for credits towards a post-graduate Certificate and Diploma, and a Masters' Degree, in Neuro Coaching. Only a handful of training organisations worldwide meet the University's requirements.
- The ANLP International (Association for NLP) is the main NLP professional body in the UK.
- The ILM (part of City & Guilds) is one of the UK’s top leadership and management qualifications bodies, whose qualifications are recognised internationally. Their Coaching & Mentoring qualifications are particularly well regarded.
- The AC (Association for Coaching) is a major global coaching body.
- The Institute of Leadership & Management is one of the UK’s major leadership and management development bodies, whose qualifications are recognised internationally.
Because some leaders and managers may not wish to do one of the many formal ILM qualifications, which typically have a significant amount of written work, the ILM has a ‘Recognised’ programme. This means that ILM Approved Centres can deliver leadership and management courses which the ILM have checked are of a suitable standard.
The Institute of Leadership & Management has a similar suite of ‘Accredited’ courses.
All of our ILM Recognised / Institute of Leadership & Management Accredited courses have the following assessments:
- on-course, where you show that you can do what you learn,
- a brief written assignment after the course (ranging from 1,000 words for 1-day courses up to 3,000 words for longer courses), where you explain how you will use (or have used) the material you learn on the course.
Yes! The Recognised / Accredited versions are optional, and the price is slightly higher due to the fees associated with registration and marking. The classroom / Zoom training is identical for the standard and Recognised / Accredited versions of a course.
These will be made clear to you at the start of each certificated course, and will be shown in the training manual you will receive before the course. They comply with the requirements of the organisations referred to above, and we pride ourselves on having extremely high standards.
No. All of our courses are assessed against strict criteria – we make these available to you before the course. We have a very high pass rate, and it is our intention and desire that you pass. You will appreciate that a course where everyone automatically passes renders the certificate almost worthless.
During the face-to-face aspect of the course, we will monitor all delegates’ progress and give feedback. If by some chance we have any doubts about whether we can certify someone, we will discuss this with that person privately during the course and agree how best to assist them to reach the required standard. In the rare cases that someone does not meet the standards, we will suggest specific tasks to be completed after the course to assist them in demonstrating to us that they have reached the necessary standards at some agreed point in the future. This will almost certainly be done at no additional cost to the delegate.
5. NLP and Coaching (definitions & benefits)
There are various definitions of ‘Coaching’. A search on the website of organisations such as The Association for Coaching, ICF, EMCC will show various similar definitions. Whilst we believe that NLP is an extremely useful tool when coaching, it is not the same as coaching. Because NLP can be used in many areas (for example workplace, sport, health, education, psychotherapy), sometimes its scope is outside that of coaching. Also, there are significant coaching skills which are not taught on the majority of NLP courses available in the marketplace. We cover these skills on our NLP courses and our 2-day Core Coaching Skills course.
Because we teach the applications of NLP in business / the workplace, coaching and sport, and run the approved 2-day core coaching skills course, external coaching-related organisations such as the Institute for Leadership & Management, The ILM and The Association for Coaching have accredited our courses as being suitable for coaching qualifications.