ILM Coach Training for Managers and Coaches
- Our ILM Level 5 Coach Training is a high-level coach training designed for coaches and managers who want to enhance their skills, increase their credibility as a coach or mentor, or enhance the performance culture within their team.
- Live training sessions, delivered remotely (on Zoom), enable you to train wherever you are without the need for travel.
- Professional training is delivered by a highly experienced professional coach and business leader who understands both your coaching and business needs.
ILM Level 5 Certificate in Effective Coaching & Mentoring 2023
ask us about payment options to suit you
Who is it for?
This ILM Level 5 Coach Training is designed for:
- Coaches who coach manager level clients – develop high-level skills in coaching managers, and enhance your credibility with a recognised qualification
- Managers – add to your coaching skillset and increase your management skills and promotion prospects
- Consultants and trainers – learn coaching skills to improve your training and consultancy work
In just six intensive teaching days, experienced and highly qualified coach, coach trainer and former Finance Director, Jeremy Lazarus, will teach you top quality coaching skills to enhance your coaching performance.
Why take the Management-level Coach Training course?
- the ILM‘s qualifications and certificates are very credible internationally
- because the course has been vetted by ILM, and because we are an ILM Approved Centre, you can feel re-assured that you will receive high-quality training
- as there are various levels, you can choose the one that suits your ambitions and current circumstances, and upgrade later if you would like to
- the course will be delivered by Jeremy Lazarus, an ex-Finance Director and highly-qualified coach, who will personally help you link the classroom training to your own situation
- a one-year student membership to the Association for Coaching (AC) at no cost
- become more effective as a coach, even in short coaching sessions
- enhance your CV with an internationally recognised qualification
- increase your credibility and confidence as a coach
- gain the skills to win more high-level clients and command higher fees
- enhance your career prospects with demonstrable coaching skills
- improve your own confidence,
- learn how to draw the best out of your team, hence improving your career prospects
- learn how to coach colleagues from across your organisation, even without knowledge of their specific situation
- learn how to coach and mentor colleagues effectively, even in a session lasting just a few minutes
Why study with The Lazarus Consultancy?
As well as having well over 20 years’ experience of coaching and coach training, we’re an ILM Approved Centre, and Institute of Leadership and Management Approved. In addition, we were the first organisation in the world accredited to run all four levels of the Association for Coaching’s Accredited Coach Training Programmes. So you can be confident that, whichever option you choose, you will benefit from high-quality ILM Level 7 executive coach training.
The Lazarus Consultancy is also an organisational member of the Association for Coaching (AC), so attending this course entitles you to a one-year student membership to the AC at no additional cost.
- Flexibility to choose the level that suits your ambitions and circumstances, and upgrade later
- High quality training from an ILM Approved Centre
- Trainer Jeremy Lazarus, a former Finance Director and highly qualified coach, will show you how to link the classroom training to your own work situation
- One-year student membership of the Association for Coaching (AC) at no additional cost
- This professional training offers a pathway to a range of qualifications. Designed and delivered by a professional, for professionals, it takes into account your needs, commitments and availability to deliver high level skills and the potential to achieve qualifications up to master’s degree level.
As an added bonus, the course also incorporates an NLP Diploma training course.
The course structure recognises that you have many commitments and demands on your time, but may wish to continue your training later, so it is designed to allow you to complete the initial training days, and then add other elements later on to upgrade to your chosen qualification.
ILM Level 5 Coach Training
ILM Recognised Advanced Coaching Skills Course
ILM Level 5 Certificate (Batchelor’s degree level equivalent) in Effective Coaching and Mentoring
(Typically, achieving the ILM Level 5 Certificate takes 6-9 months)
ILM Level 5 Diploma (Batchelor’s degree level equivalent) in Effective Coaching and Mentoring
(Typically, achieving the ILM Level 5 Diploma takes 9-15 months)
What will I study?
This course is designed for managers and coaches who coach manager-level clients who want to develop their expertise and credibility as a coach or mentor, or to create a high-performance culture in their team.
The course content is specifically designed to deliver executive coaching skills, and to allow you the option of gaining the ILM Level 5 Certificate (with additional assignments).
- How people think, and why they respond the way that they do
- Why communication goes well and why it doesn’t, and what to do about it
- The Mindset for Success and Excellence: increase your chances of success
- How to observe people’s subtle responses, the key to great NLP and coaching work
- Build rapport; gain trust. The basis for any successful relationship at work and outside
- Changing how you communicate to suit your audience
- How to coach with NLP. Recognise how every NLP topic fits into a coaching framework and, just as importantly when NLP and / or coaching should NOT be used, and how to respond.
- How to ‘contract’ with clients, putting every coaching session on a professional footing
- The goal-setting secrets of successful business people and athletes
- Seeing other points of view; a core skill of successful people
- How to manage and control your mind, rather than it controlling you
- Feel at your best instantly, so you can perform at your best
- Key language and communication skills
- How to hear what people actually say, rather than what you think they’re saying
- How to communicate at different levels: in summary, in detail and laterally
- How to turn ‘negatives’ into ‘positives’
- Get inside people’s heads and hearts: How to motivate, manage, sell and make better choices
- Become an even better leader (or manager, coach, parent), and become clearer about (and true to) who you really are
- How to best use what you’ve learned after the course
- How to coach effectively in a 10-20-minute session, and in different contexts, such as personal, work and sport, even without prior knowledge of the area
- Explore coaching competencies and assess your own skills
- Learn at least five different models of coaching
- How to complete your assignments to move towards your ILM Level 7 Certificate in Executive Coaching and Mentoring
Please note that we may adjust the content depending on exact timings.
Frequently asked questions
There are three main parts of the ILM Level 5 Certificate syllabus:
- Classroom training. This is the 6 days described above, delivered remotely on Zoom.
- Coaching / mentoring practice. ILM require 18 hours with 2-3 clients for ILM Level 5 Certificate, and 54 hours with 4-9 clients for ILM Level 5 Diploma. We will give you guidance during the course about this, including how best to keep records. Usually, we ask you to start your hours after the face-to-face training has ended, so that you are able to use all the skills learned on the course. You will receive one hour of coach supervision by phone or Zoom for the Certificate (three hours for the Diploma).
- Written assignments. ILM require three written papers. In summary, the first paper is about the theory of coaching and mentoring, the second is about the coaching / mentoring practice (18 hours for the Certificate, 54 hours for The Diploma), and the third is about your reflections on what you learned. The guideline word-count is roughly 12,000 to 16,000 words in all for the Certificate, and 14,000 to 18,000 words in all for the Diploma. The ILM registration period lasts three years, and we recommend that you complete the ILM Level 7 Certificate within 6-9 months (the Diploma takes slightly longer as there are more coaching hours). Included in the price is 12 months’ support from us for the Certificate (18 months for the Diploma); if you have not successfully completed the qualification within this timeframe, you will need to apply to us for additional support, for which there will be a charge of a minimum of £500. ILM provides a handbook to guide you with the three assignments, and we will cover this during the course.
This is based on the UK Government’s National Qualification Framework. Level 5 roughly equates to Batchelor’s degree level.
For each topic, you will learn the necessary theory and background, watch a demonstration, do an exercise and then discuss how to apply the learnings in your life and work. There will be numerous coaching exercises, and you will learn different coaching approaches to use according to different client preferences. The trainers and the coaching assistants will be there to give you feedback and support to hone your skills.
Because some leaders and managers may not wish to do one of the many formal ILM qualifications, which typically have a significant amount of written work, the ILM has a ‘Recognised’ programme. This means that ILM Approved Centres can deliver leadership and management courses which the ILM have checked are of a suitable standard.
The Institute of Leadership & Management has a similar suite of ‘Accredited’ courses.
All of our ILM Recognised / Institute of Leadership & Management Accredited courses have the following assessments:
- on-course, where you show that you can do what you learn,
- a brief written assignment after the course (ranging from 1,000 words for 1-day courses up to 3,000 words for longer courses), where you explain how you could use (or have used) the material you learn on the course.