Terms and conditions
As with all businesses, The Lazarus Consultancy Ltd (and its Director, Jeremy Lazarus) strive to serve our clients, and give them the best service we possibly can whilst keeping in mind commercial realities. One of these realities relates to intellectual property.
The copyright of all original works are held by Jeremy Lazarus and/or The Lazarus Consultancy Ltd, and unless specified otherwise you do not have permission to copy or reuse any of the material without our prior written consent.
As with many websites we have items for sale and also free downloads. Where we ask for your name and email address in order for you to make a purchase or to download material, we will do this on the basis that you are agreeing to allow us to contact you subsequently in relation to your transaction and/or for marketing purposes. Our system makes it very easy for you to unsubscribe at any time.
Terms and Conditions of Sale
1. Delivery timescales
Our intention is to despatch books, booklets and CDs within 48 hours of receipt of the order. Occasionally this may not be possible – we will always despatch products as soon as possible and inform you if there is any delay in porcessing your order.
For UK Addresses:
CDs (NLP Practitioner, Master Practitioner and ‘Understanding, Predicting & Influencing Behaviour’) will be despatched either by courier or Special Delivery. Books and booklets and ‘Creating The Life You Want’ CDs will be sent by first class post. If you require special posting arrangements, please let us know (there may be a charge for this).
For non-UK Addresses:
We may contact you to confirm the delivery logistics.
2. Payments and Refunds
Payment in full is required for all products before delivery. For training courses, unless otherwise agreed we require payment in full at the time of booking, or when booked by an organisation, payment in full is due the earlier of 30 days after the invoice and one month prior to the start of the course. In any event, unless otherwise agreed, payment is due in full one month prior to the course.
Refunds on products will be given ONLY if the goods are returned to us by Special Delivery within 10 days of despatch. Goods must be in perfect, re-saleable condition.
If the goods we send you are faulty in some way, we will exchange them.
In the very unlikely event that you are not satisfied with our training courses, we will refund you in full, less a deduction for the price of any materials provided such as the course manuals and MP3s, which remain yours to keep (we will waive the price of the manual if you confirm in writing that you will delete the manual and all copies of it from your system, and confirm that you have not passed a copy to anyone else). This offer is subject to you telling us and confirming in writing / via email as follows:
- for courses lasting more than two days, by the end of the second day,
- for courses lasting two days, by the end of the first day,
- for courses lasting one day, by lunchtime.
3. Cancellation of Training Courses
Unless otherwise agreed or stated, for all courses:
-if cancelled more than two months prior to the course starting, the cancellation fee is 20% of the agreed price
-if cancelled within two months of the course starting, the cancellation fee is 30% of the agreed price
-if cancelled within one month of the course starting, the cancellation fee is 50% of the agreed price
-if cancelled within one week of the course starting, the cancellation fee is 100% of the agreed price
Any manuals, audio materials and videos that have been provided (regardless of whether they have been provided physically or digitally) will remain your property.
Should you wish to defer a course to a different date, or substitute an alternative suitable delegate, the cancellation fee is waived for the first deferment or substitute, but there will be an administration fee of 10% of the agreed price plus VAT.
If by some chance we cancel a course, we will refund your tuition fees in full, and allow you to retain any course materials as a gesture of goodwill, and offer you alternative courses or book you onto the subsequent course. We are not liable for any costs you incur, such as travel or accommodation costs.
4. Training Agreements
Please refer to the Our training approach page.
5. Purchase Terms and Conditions
All our electronic and physical products are sold on the basis that they are to be used by the purchaser only and are not to be copied or distributed without our permission. By purchasing any of our products, you are agreeing to this.
For our courses, on rare occasions we allow people to complete payment beyond the final day of the course. In such circumstances the Certificate is not issued until the course has been paid for in full.
6. Recording of live trainings
Where a training course, workshop, webinar or similar event is recorded, the recording may be made available for sale. We will make clear in our publicity if events will be recorded. By attending such events, attendees are accepting that they may appear in a product we may sell and waive any right to payment (including royalties, commission or similar payment), and in return delegates will receive their own copy of the recording, or be able to purchase it from us at a specially reduced price. Breakout room sessions will not be recorded. Any special terms in addition to those noted here will be made explicit in our marketing and / or written confirmation after booking.
Website Terms and Conditions
As far as material on this website is concerned, please use the material only for the purpose for which it is intended, and to abide by the laws of England & Wales.
Here are the details.
Definitions and Interpretation
In these Terms and Conditions, unless the context otherwise requires, the following expressions have the following meanings:
means any and all text, images, audio, video, scripts, code, software, databases and any other form of information capable of being stored on a computer that appears on, or forms part of, Our Site; and
means The Lazarus Consultancy Ltd , a limited company registered in England under company number 3733316, whose registered address is
Information About Us
Our Site is owned and operated by The Lazarus Consultancy Ltd , a limited company registered in England under company number 3733316, whose registered address is:
The Lazarus Consultancy Ltd, c/o Brooks Green Chartered Accountants, 342 Regents Park Road, Finchley, London N3 2LJ.
Our VAT number is 730 9795 07.
As a Limited Company, we are bound by Company Law in England & Wales. Regarding data protection, and our data policies are regulated by The Information Commissioners’ Office (ICO).
Our training courses are approved / accredited by the ILM (the Institute of Leadership and Management), The Association for Coaching and ANLP International. We are a member of these organisations, as well as The International Coaching Federation (ICF) and the European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC), and we agree to abide by their respective Code of Ethics.
Access to Our Site
Access to Our Site is free of charge.
It is your responsibility to make any and all arrangements necessary in order to access Our Site.
Access to Our Site is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We may alter, suspend or discontinue Our Site (or any part of it) at any time and without notice. We will not be liable to you in any way if Our Site (or any part of it) is unavailable at any time and for any period.
Intellectual Property Rights
All Content included on Our Site and the copyright and other intellectual property rights subsisting in that Content, unless specifically labelled otherwise, belongs to or has been licensed by Us. All Content is protected by applicable United Kingdom and international intellectual property laws and treaties.
Subject to exceptions blow you may not reproduce, copy, distribute, sell, rent, sublicense, store, or in any other manner reuse Content from Our Site unless given express written permission to do so by Us.
- Access, view and use Our Site in a web browser (including any web browsing capability built into other types of software or app);
- Download Our Site (or any part of it) for caching;
- Print page[s] from Our Site;
- Download extracts from pages on Our Site; and
- Save pages from Our Site for later and/or offline viewing.
Our status as the owner and author of the Content on Our Site (or that of identified licensors, as appropriate) must always be acknowledged.
You may not use any Content saved or downloaded from Our Site for commercial purposes without first obtaining a licence from Us (or our licensors, as appropriate) to do so. This does not prohibit the normal access, viewing and use of Our Site for general information purposes whether by business users or consumers.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits or excludes the provisions of Chapter III of the Copyrights, Designs and Patents Act 1988 ‘Acts Permitted in Relation to Copyright Works’, covering in particular the making of temporary copies; research and private study; the making of copies for text and data analysis for non-commercial research; criticism, review, quotation and news reporting; caricature, parody or pastiche; and the incidental inclusion of copyright material.
Links to Our Site
You may link to Our Site provided that:
- You do so in a fair and legal manner;
- You do not do so in a manner that suggests any form of association, endorsement or approval on Our part where none exists;
- You do not use any logos or trademarks displayed on Our Site without Our express written permission; and
- You do not do so in a way that is calculated to damage Our reputation or to take unfair advantage of it.
You may link to any page of Our Site.
Framing or embedding of Our Site on other websites is not permitted without Our express written permission. Please contact Us at for further information.
You may not link to Our Site from any other site the main content of which contains material that:
- is sexually explicit;
- is obscene, deliberately offensive, hateful or otherwise inflammatory;
- promotes violence;
- promotes or assists in any form of unlawful activity;
- discriminates against, or is in any way defamatory of, any person, group or class of persons, race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age;
- is intended or is otherwise likely to threaten, harass, annoy, alarm, inconvenience, upset, or embarrass another person;
- is calculated or is otherwise likely to deceive another person;
- is intended or is otherwise likely to infringe (or to threaten to infringe) another person’s right to privacy;
- misleadingly impersonates any person or otherwise misrepresents the identity or affiliation of a particular person in a way that is calculated to deceive (obvious parodies are not included in this definition provided that they do not fall within any of the other provisions of this sub-Clause);
- implies any form of affiliation with Us where none exists;
- infringes, or assists in the infringement of, the intellectual property rights (including, but not limited to, copyright, trademarks and database rights) of any other party; or
- is made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party including, but not limited to, contractual duties and duties of confidence.
- The content restrictions in above do not apply to content submitted to sites by other users provided that the primary purpose of the site accords with these provisions. You are not, for example, prohibited from posting links on general-purpose social networking sites merely because another user may post such content. You are, however, prohibited from posting links on websites which focus on or encourage the submission of such content from users.
Links to Other Sites
Links to other sites may be included on Our Site. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under Our control. We neither assume nor accept responsibility or liability for the content of third party sites. The inclusion of a link to another site on Our Site is for information only and does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
Nothing on Our Site constitutes advice on which you should rely. It is provided for general information purposes only. Professional or specialist advice should always be sought before taking any action.
Insofar as is permitted by law, We make no representation, warranty, or guarantee that Our Site will meet your requirements, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all software and hardware, or that it will be secure.
We make reasonable efforts to ensure that the Content on Our Site is complete, accurate, and up-to-date. We do not, however, make any representations, warranties or guarantees (whether express or implied) that the Content is complete, accurate, or up-to-date.
To the fullest extent permissible by law, We accept no liability to any user for any loss or damage, whether foreseeable or otherwise, in contract, tort (including negligence), for breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with the use of (or inability to use) Our Site or the use of or reliance upon any Content included on Our Site.
To the fullest extent permissible by law, We exclude all representations, warranties, and guarantees (whether express or implied) that may apply to Our Site or any Content included on Our Site.
Our Site is intended for non-commercial use only. If you are a business user, We accept no liability for loss of profits, sales, business or revenue; loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; loss of anticipated savings; business interruption; or for any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
We exercise all reasonable skill and care to ensure that Our Site is free from viruses and other malware. We accept no liability for any loss or damage resulting from a virus or other malware, a distributed denial of service attack, or other harmful material or event that may adversely affect your hardware, software, data or other material that occurs as a result of your use of Our Site (including the downloading of any Content from it) or any other site referred to on Our Site.
We neither assume nor accept responsibility or liability arising out of any disruption or non-availability of Our Site resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, natural events, acts of war, or legal restrictions and censorship.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or restricts Our liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, for death or personal injury resulting from negligence, or for any other forms of liability which cannot be excluded or restricted by law. For full details of consumers’ legal rights, including those relating to digital content, please contact your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.
Viruses, Malware and Security
We exercise all reasonable skill and care to ensure that Our Site is secure and free from viruses and other malware.
You are responsible for protecting your hardware, software, data and other material from viruses, malware, and other internet security risks.
You must not deliberately introduce viruses or other malware, or any other material which is malicious or technologically harmful either to or via Our Site.
You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to any part of Our Site, the server on which Our Site is stored, or any other server, computer, or database connected to Our Site.
You must not attack Our Site by means of a denial of service attack, a distributed denial of service attack, or by any other means.
By breaching the provisions of this section you may be committing a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. Any and all such breaches will be reported to the relevant law enforcement authorities and We will cooperate fully with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. Your right to use Our Site will cease immediately in the event of such a breach.
Acceptable Usage Policy
You may only use Our Site in a manner that is lawful. Specifically:
- you must ensure that you comply fully with any and all local, national or international laws and/or regulations;
- you must not use Our Site in any way, or for any purpose, that is unlawful or fraudulent;
- you must not use Our Site to knowingly send, upload, or in any other way transmit data that contains any form of virus or other malware, or any other code designed to adversely affect computer hardware, software, or data of any kind; and
- you must not use Our Site in any way, or for any purpose, that is intended to harm any person or persons in any way.
We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your access to Our Site if you materially breach the provisions of this section or any of the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions. Specifically, We may take one or more of the following actions:
- suspend, whether temporarily or permanently, your right to access Our Site;
- issue you with a written warning;
- take legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of any and all relevant costs on an indemnity basis resulting from your breach;
- take further legal action against you as appropriate;
- disclose such information to law enforcement authorities as required or as We deem reasonably necessary; and/or
- any other actions which We deem reasonably appropriate (and lawful).
We hereby exclude any and all liability arising out of any actions (including, but not limited to those set out above) that We may take in response to breaches of these Terms and Conditions.
Privacy and Cookies
Use of Our Site is also governed by Our Cookie and Privacy Policies, available from https://www.thelazarus.com/cookie-policy/ and https://www.thelazarus.com/privacy-policy/. These policies are incorporated into these Terms and Conditions by this reference.
Changes to these Terms and Conditions
We may alter these Terms and Conditions at any time. Any such changes will become binding on you upon your first use of Our Site after the changes have been implemented. You are therefore advised to check this page from time to time.
In the event of any conflict between the current version of these Terms and Conditions and any previous version(s), the provisions current and in effect shall prevail unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
To contact Us, please email Us at firstname.lastname@example.org or using any of the methods provided on Our contact page at https://www.thelazarus.com/contact-us/.
Communications from Us
- If We have your contact details, We may from time to time send you important notices by email. Such notices may relate to matters including, but not limited to, service changes and changes to these Terms and Conditions.
- From time to time We will send you marketing emails relating to the products and services we offer, and general tips relating to this. We will never intentionally send you marketing emails of any kind without your express consent. If you do give such consent, you may opt out at any time. Any and all marketing emails sent by Us include an unsubscribe link. If you opt out of receiving emails from Us at any time, it may take up to thirty business days for Us to comply with your request, although we will endeavour to comply within seven days. During that time, you may continue to receive emails from Us.
- For questions or complaints about communications from Us (including, but not limited to marketing emails), please contact Us via https://www.thelazarus.com/contact-us/
All personal information that We may use will be collected, processed, and held in accordance with the provisions of EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and your rights under the GDPR.
Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions, and the relationship between you and Us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the law of England & Wales.
If you are a consumer, you will benefit from any mandatory provisions of the law in your country of residence. Nothing in the paragraph above takes away or reduces your rights as a consumer to rely on those provisions.
If you are a consumer, any dispute, controversy, proceedings or claim between you and Us relating to these Terms and Conditions, or the relationship between you and Us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England, Wales, Scotland, or Northern Ireland, as determined by your residency.
If you are a business, any disputes concerning these Terms and Conditions, the relationship between you and Us, or any matters arising therefrom or associated therewith (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England & Wales.
Last updated: May 2018