ILM coach training ('Accredited' and 'Recognised')
We offer two types of ILM coach training courses: ‘Accredited’ and ‘Recognised’ (scroll down for a brief explanation).
1. Accredited ILM coach training courses:
Understanding your ILM coach training options with The Lazarus Consultancy
- Our ‘Accredited’ ILM courses offer attendees a VRQ (Vocational Recognised Qualification), and require a combination of face-to-face study and post-course written and practical coaching assignments.
- Our ‘Recognised’ ILM courses offer attendees some recognition of having attended an approved ILM training, without signidficant amounts of post-course assignments. In many cases you can use the face-to-face study to upgrade to an Accredited course.
Please see immediately below for more detailed information.
1. Accredited ILM coach training courses
We offer the following two Accredited courses;
- ILM Level 5 Certificate in Effective Coaching & Mentoring (6 days), which also includes an NLP Diploma qualification.
- ILM Level 7 Certificate for Executive and Senior Level Coaches & Mentors (7 days), which also includes an NLP Diploma qualification; there is one additional day after the Level 5 course.
We can offer the ‘Diploma’ rather and ‘Certificate’ version of each. The ‘Diploma’ version has significantly more coaching hours, so the related written assignment is longer. Contact us for more details.
Please follow the links above to see the course details. In summary, these are nationally recognised qualifications in coaching and mentoring, awarded by the ILM. There are several days’ coach training for each course, and afterwards you do ILM’s written assignments and specified number of coaching hours (more details are shown on the relevant page).
The terms ‘Level 5’ and ‘Level 7 ‘ are based on the UK Government’s National Qualification Framework. As mentioned in this ILM document, Level 5 roughly equates to the level of the first year or two of a Batchelors Degree, and Level 7 roughly equates to Masters’ Degree level.
2. ILM Recognised coach training courses
The ILM Recognition programme, offering a digital and physical ILM certificate, has two forms of assessment:
- on the course, where you show that you can do the coaching techniques that you learn on the course,
- after the course, where you write a brief essay which explains how you will use (or have used) the material.
We have five Recognised ILM coach training courses, and you can choose the basic level, where there is no ILM assessment or certification at all.
- Introduction to Coaching Skills (1 day)
- Introduction to Coaching Skills for Managers (1 day, almost the same as the course above)
- Core Coaching Skills (2 days).
- Advanced Coaching Skills (6 days). This is the same classroom course as the ILM Level 5 Certificate in Effective Coaching and Mentoring
- Executive Coaching Skills (7 days). This is the same classroom course as the ILM Level 7 Certificate for Executive and Senior Level Coaches & Mentors.
The relevant course page shows the prices for each level.
Why attend our ILM coach training courses?
- You will learn excellent coaching skills and gain qualifications / recognition that are internationally-recognised, which will improve your coaching and management capabilities.
- You will also gain an NLP Diploma/Business Diploma.
- Because we have been running coaching-related courses since 2000 and are an ILM Approved Centre, you know you will receive high-quality training.
- Jeremy Lazarus is a very highly-qualified and experienced coach and a former Finance Director, and brings a wealth of practical business experience to your coach training.